The Sisters of St. Joseph of Baden welcome your interest in employment opportunities. We work side by side with staff members who share in our mission of serving God and neighbor.
If we are accepting applications for a position, it is listed below. Click the name of the position to view the full description. Download the Employment Application.
The Sisters of St. Joseph of Baden are recruiting Personal Care Aides.
- Must have the ability to work all shifts on occasion
- Responsible for assisting residents with daily life functions, including but not limited to:
- Assist with household tasks, e.g., making bed, changing linens, laundry
- Encourage independence for each Sister within her individual capacity
- Transport Sisters to the dining room who require assistance with procuring their meals and clearing of trays when the meals are completed and/or assist Sisters who have their meals in the supportive living areas.
- Orients each Sister to time person and place as needed and updates orientation boards in each area daily.
- Assists the nurse in providing treatments as ordered, such as hot packs as needed.
- Works every shift conscious of the team approach and continuity of care offered to the Sisters
- High school diploma or equivalent; at least 18 years of age
- 6-12 months experience in a personal care or nursing home, working with elders.
- Self-motivated and compassionate caregiver.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be reliable and dependable
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, perform one person transfer under routine and emergency situations, reposition a patient alone and able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, pull climb, reach, life and perform repetitive movements of the upper extremities.
- Trained in first aid/CPR procedures.
Candidates must pass criminal clearances and drug & alcohol testing.
The Sisters of St. Joseph are accepting applications for a full-time Head Nurse / RN, responsible for the healthcare needs and services of the Sisters residing in Supportive Living.
- Coordinate all professional care to ensure optimal health for the Sisters.
- Conduct regular assessments of Sisters health and make recommendations based on changes in their health
- Ensure effective communication with various programs (i.e., LIFE Beaver, Villa St. Joseph) and the Health Care Liaison and Minister of Member Well-Being
- Assist any Sister resident in their transition to the appropriate level of care within the Baden campus.
- Manage the staff in Supportive Living by demonstrating leadership, compassion, creativity and collaboration.
- Support the charism, mission and ministries of the Sisters of St. Joseph consistent with their Mission Statement, Directional Statement and Chapter Documents in carrying out work activities and responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
Must hold current RN License; 3-5 years long-term care experience; supervisory experience; self-motivated, compassionate caregiver/leader; excellence communication skills.