The Sisters of St. Joseph of Baden welcome your interest in employment opportunities. We work side by side with staff members who share in our mission of serving God and neighbor.
If we are accepting applications for a position, it is listed below. Click the name of the position to view the full description. Download the Employment Application.
Certified Nursing Assistant Full-Time Evening – 32 hours/week
The Sisters of St. Joseph are accepting applications for a Full-Time Certified Nursing Assistant available for primarily the evening shift with occasional daylight shifts, as needed. Also for a part-time candidate for primarily the daylight shift. Responsible for assisting residents with daily life functions in a professional and caring manner. Some essential duties include:
- Assist with household tasks, e.g., making bed, changing linens, laundry
- Encourage independence for each Sister within her individual capacity
- Transport Sisters to the dining room who require assistance with selecting meals, clearing trays when the meals are completed, and/or assist Sisters who dine in the supportive living area
- Orient Sisters to time, person and place as needed and update orientation boards in each living area daily
- Assist nurse(s) in providing treatments as ordered, e.g., hot packs
- Work every shift conscious of a team approach and the continuity of care for the Sisters
- Current certification as CNA
- High school diploma or equivalent; at least 18 years of age
- 6-12 months experience in a personal care or nursing home working with elders
- Self-motivated and compassionate caregiver
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be reliable and dependable
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, perform one person transfer under routine and emergency situations, re-position a patient alone, and be able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, pull climb, reach, lift and perform repetitive movements of the upper extremities
- Trained in first aid/CPR procedures
Candidates must pass criminal clearances and drug screen.
Qualified and interested candidates are asked to email or mail a resume to:
For more information about employment with the Sisters of St. Joseph please contact: