The Sisters of St. Joseph of Baden welcome your interest in employment opportunities. We work side by side with staff members who share in our mission of serving God and neighbor.
If we are accepting applications for a position, it is listed below. Click the name of the position to view the full description. Download the Employment Application.
Licensed Practical Nurse (FT – Evening Shift)
The Sisters of St. Joseph are accepting applications for a full-time Licensed Practical Nurse available for evening shifts, with occasional daylight shifts. Responsible for assisting residents with daily life functions in a professional and caring manner. Some essential duties include:
- Deliver hands-on nursing care in accordance with the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing and assumes Charge Nurse responsibilities for any scheduled shift.
- Passes meds, give injections, checks blood pressures, does treatments as ordered.
- Provides optimal care and safety by making rounds throughout the supportive living area every hour to assess the Sisters’ needs.
- Coordinates Physician’s on site visit schedules and distributes written reminders to the Sisters as appropriate.
- Facilitates receiving and documenting all orders for the Sister’s care and updating care plans with current information as well as faxes new orders to the pharmacy.
- Completion of a Practical Nursing Program approved by the State Board of Nursing
- Current PA LPN license
- Two years of experience in medical-surgical nursing
- Excellent communication skills necessary to effectively interact with Sisters, families and other staff members.
- Long-term care experience
- Basic computer skills
- Trained in first aid/CPR procedures
Candidates must pass criminal clearances and drug & alcohol testing.