Radiating hope and rejoicing in God’s faithfulness, we announce the names of the Sisters who have been elected by the Congregation to serve until 2023 as the new Leadership Team:
- Sister Sharon Costello, currently a Leadership Team member, will continue in leadership and serve as Congregational Moderator
- Sister Mary Parks, who currently serves as Executive Director of Sisters Place, a supportive housing community in Clairton for single-parent, homeless families
- Sister Lyn Szymkiewicz, who currently serves as Director of Ecology and Environment for the Baden Campus
- Sister Jean Uzupis, who most recently served as Principal of St. Joseph School in Verona
Their full-time, five-year terms will begin September 9.
Please offer your prayers of support for our new Team members and for all of our Sisters who have committed to:
- Discerning their future together in the midst of the changing realities of religious life.
- Deepening their commitment to nonviolence by acknowledging their complicity in the sin of racism and other forms of violence.
- Engaging with others of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds and working to dismantle structures of privilege.
Given the urgent needs of the day, our Sisters discerned these priorities to guide the work and life of the Congregation over the next five years and to build on their commitments of the past.
As we prepare to move forward, we also express our love and gratitude to Sisters Diane Cauley, Sharon Costello, Barbara Czyrnik and Mary Pellegrino for their leadership throughout the past five years. View video tribute below.