National Catholic Sisters Week
March 8-14 is National Catholic Sisters Week
Join with the Sisters of St. Joseph in celebrating the 51,000 Catholic Sisters in America! We will join with thousands of others in celebrating the inaugural National Catholic Sisters Week March 8-14. St. Catherine University was award a three-year Hilton Foundation grant to help bring greater visibility to the contributions of women religious, as part of Women’s History Month (March). We will celebrate the past, present and future of Catholic sisters and their faith-filled, courageous contributions to our dear neighbors across the country. Read more about the inaugural National Catholic Sisters Week.
View "For the Sake of the Gospel," a slideshow by the Catholic Sisters Leadership Council.
Who are the Sisters of St. Joseph?
We are a Catholic congregation of women religious inspired by the profound love of God and love of neighbor without distinction, which characterized the women who began our Catholic order 350 years ago. We commit ourselves, our energies and our resources to the mission of unity – to achieve unity of ourselves with God and with each other, to achieve unity of neighbor with neighbor and neighbor with God. As Sisters of St. Joseph, we strive to serve all realms of human life, with a special care for the poor and vulnerable. Learn more about our mission and our history.
Currently Sisters minister:
• In hospice and health care
• In education and school administration
• In parishes and diocesan administration
• In community leadership or administration
• In ecology, justice and spirituality programs
• In social services agencies and community outreach
• In prayer ministry, honoring the many prayer requests submitted
How can you be involved?
• Become an Associate
• Send a note to a Sister
• Send us a prayer request
• Pray for all Catholic Sisters
• Discern religious life for yourself
• Visit us on Facebook and YouTube
• Subscribe to our monthly E-newsletter
• Make a donation to support our ministries
• Attend a St. Joseph Spirituality Center program
• Attend our Spring Luncheon or Golf Classic
• Volunteer inside or outside of our Motherhouse
Learn more about the Sisters of St. Joseph
Join our mailing list to receive our Dear Neighbor magazine, which features good news about our Sisters and the neighbors they are serving. Email your contact information to Sister Karen Stoila at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View our Winter 2014 issue.