The Sisters of St. Joseph of Baden welcome your interest in employment opportunities. We work side by side with staff members who share in our mission of serving God and neighbor. If we are accepting applications for a position, it is listed below. Click the name of the position to view the full description. Download an application.
The Sisters of St. Joseph are accepting applications for nursing assistants with availability on the 2nd shift or the 3rd shift.
Certified nursing assistants as well as non-certified nursing assistants with relevant experience will be considered. Responsible for assisting residents with daily life functions in a professional and caring manner. Generous shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shifts. Some essential duties include:
- Assist with household tasks, e.g., making bed, changing linens, laundry
- Encourage independence for each Sister within her individual capacity
- Transport Sisters to the dining room who require assistance with selecting meals, clearing trays when the meals are completed, and/or assist Sisters who dine in the supportive living area
- Orient Sisters to time, person and place as needed and update orientation boards in each living area daily
- Assist nurse(s) in providing treatments as ordered, e.g., hot packs
- Work every shift conscious of a team approach and the continuity of care for the Sisters
- High school diploma or equivalent; at least 18 years of age
- 6-12 months experience in a personal care or nursing home working with elders
- Self-motivated and compassionate caregiver
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be reliable and dependable
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, perform one person transfer under routine and emergency situations, re-position a patient alone, and be able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, pull climb, reach, lift and perform repetitive movements of the upper extremities
- Must have flexibility to work different shifts
- Trained in first aid/CPR procedures
- Current certification as CNA
Candidates must pass criminal clearances and drug screen.
Qualified and interested candidates are asked to email or mail a resume to: