The Sisters of St. Joseph of Baden welcome your interest in employment opportunities. We work side by side with staff members who share in our mission of serving God and neighbor. If we are accepting applications for a position, it is listed below. Click the name of the position to view the full description.
This unique position directs the development and maintenance of a sustainable ecosystem on the Motherhouse grounds, ensures a safe environment for Sisters, visitors and guests to the property, and develops and promote educational opportunities related to the environment and sustainability.
Development and Maintenance of Ecosystem on Motherhouse Grounds
- Provide oversight and participate with staff and contractors to ensure a safe environment for Sisters, visitors and guests to the property
- Review and recommend contractors for on-site services such as waste removal, diesel gas order, snow removal, and tree services
- Shared on-call responsibilities
- Maintain recycling program for staff and Sisters
Develop Educational Opportunities
- Develop and deliver environmental / ecological trainings to Sisters and staff, i.e., Spotted Lanternfly, recycling
Manage Volunteer Offerings
- Provide oversight of monthly volunteer days
- Oversee Community Gardens
- Partner with local scouts to execute Eagle Scout projects
- Collaborate with Spirituality Center Director to develop environmental/ecological programs, as appropriate
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sustainability Management/Environmental Ecology/Agricultural Sciences, experience with small farm operations, food systems or environmental education, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Previous experience in outdoor maintenance
- Basic skills for operating and maintaining small lawn equipment
- Basic mechanical experience / knowledge
- Small engine / Diesel engine knowledge or repair
Special Job Features:
- This job operates in an outdoor setting and in all types of weather.
- This role routinely uses hand tools and small equipment.
- Must have flexibility to accommodate snow removal as needed.
- Occasional weekend availability required as needed.
Send resume and salary requirements to:
Allie Schweitzer, Director of Human Resources
Are you feeling called to make a difference?
The Sisters of St. Joseph are looking for compassionate and dependable individuals to help care for retired sisters in the supportive living area of our Motherhouse. Certified nursing assistants as well as non-certified nursing assistants with relevant experience will be considered for the 3-11 and overnight shifts. Responsible for assisting sisters with daily life functions in a unique and pleasant environment. Generous shift differential is applicable to the position.
Some essential duties include:
- Assist with household tasks, e.g., making bed, changing linens, laundry
- Encourage independence for each Sister within her individual capacity
- Transport Sisters to the dining room who require assistance with selecting meals, clearing trays when the meals are completed, and/or assist Sisters who dine in the supportive living area
- Orient Sisters to time, person and place as needed and update orientation boards in each living area daily
- Assist nurse(s) in providing treatments as ordered, e.g., hot packs
- Work every shift conscious of a team approach and the continuity of care for the Sisters
- High school diploma or equivalent; at least 18 years of age
- 6-12 months experience in a personal care or nursing home working with elders
- Self-motivated and compassionate caregiver
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be reliable and dependable
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, perform one person transfer under routine and emergency situations, re-position a patient alone, and be able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, pull climb, reach, lift and perform repetitive movements of the upper extremities
- Must have flexibility to work different shifts
- Trained in first aid/CPR procedures
- Current certification as CNA
Candidates must pass criminal clearances and drug screen.
Qualified and interested candidates are asked to email or mail a resume to: