The Sisters of St. Joseph of Baden welcome your interest in employment opportunities. We work side by side with staff members who share in our mission of serving God and neighbor. If we are accepting applications for a position, it is listed below. Click the name of the position to view the full description. Download an application.
The Sisters of St. Joseph are accepting applications for nursing assistants for the evening (2nd) shift.
Certified nursing assistants, as well as non-certified nursing assistants with relevant experience, will be considered. Responsible for assisting residents with daily life functions in a professional and caring manner. Generous shift differential and benefits available. Some essential duties include:
- Assist with household tasks, e.g., making bed, changing linens, laundry
- Encourage independence for each Sister within her individual capacity
- Transport Sisters to the dining room who require assistance with selecting meals, clearing trays when the meals are completed, and/or assist Sisters who dine in the supportive living area (not typical of the overnight shift)
- Orient Sisters to time, person and place as needed and update orientation boards in each living area daily
- Assist nurse(s) in providing treatments as ordered, e.g., hot packs
- Work every shift conscious of a team approach and the continuity of care for the Sisters
- High school diploma or equivalent; at least 18 years of age
- 6-12 months experience in a personal care or nursing home working with elders
- Self-motivated and compassionate caregiver
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, perform one-person transfer under routine and emergency situations, re-position a patient alone, and be able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, pull climb, reach, lift and perform repetitive movements of the upper extremities
- Must be reliable and dependable
- Trained in first aid/CPR procedures
- Current certification as CNA
Candidates must pass criminal clearances and drug screen.
Qualified and interested candidates are asked to email or mail a resume to:
The Sisters of St. Joseph are recruiting a Housekeeping Aide to providing a clean and sanitary environment for all Sisters in the Supportive Living Area of the Sisters of St. Joseph Convent in Baden, PA.
Some essential duties include, but not limited to:
- Be mindful and aware of the safety of the Sisters at all times.
- Responsible for thorough cleaning of shared bathrooms within Supportive Living area
- Maintain upkeep and general appearance of the facility on a daily basis.
- Notify nurses in the event of a Sister needing special attention
- Prepare and clean Sisters rooms when rooms are vacated to prepare for new occupant
- Responsible for cleaning of the common areas, including, but not limited to, vacuuming, dusting, emptying trash and recyclables
The candidates must pass criminal clearances and drug & alcohol testing.
Interested candidates are asked to email or mail a resume to: