The Sisters of St. Joseph of Baden welcome your interest in employment opportunities. We work side-by-side with dedicated staff members who share in our mission of serving God and neighbor.
If we are accepting applications for a position, it is listed below. Click the name of the position to view the full description.
-Health, dental, vision insurance
-403(b) retirement match
-Flexible spending account
-Paid time off
-Employee assistance program
We don’t have any current openings, but please check back in the future for updated information.
We’re a private, non-profit organization that emphasizes caring for one another and seeing the best in ourselves and others. After devoting their lives to the service of the dear neighbor, it is now the Sisters who need the compassionate help of care givers.
You bring the heart and we provide on-the-job training in a supportive environment. Professional development opportunities exist to ensure all staff are able to serve to their fullest potential. Come be a part of our story.
*Low resident to staff ratio, with an average of 10 residents per aide*
*Generous shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shifts*
Some essential duties include:
- Assist with household tasks, e.g., making bed, changing linens, laundry
- Encourage independence for each Sister within her individual capacity
- Transport Sisters to various areas of the Motherhouse and offer assistance as needed
- Orient Sisters to time, person and place as needed and update orientation boards in each living area daily
- Assist nurse(s) in providing treatments as ordered, e.g., hot packs
- Work every shift conscious of a team approach and the continuity of care for the Sisters
- High school diploma or equivalent; at least 18 years of age
- 6-12 months experience in a personal care or nursing home working with elders
- Self-motivated and compassionate caregiver
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be reliable and dependable
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, perform one person transfer under routine and emergency situations, re-position a Sister alone, and be able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, pull climb, reach, lift and perform repetitive movements of the upper extremities
- Must have flexibility to work different shifts
- Trained in first aid/CPR procedures
- Current certification as CNA
Candidates must pass criminal clearances and drug screen.
Salary: $17.00 – $19.00 per hour
- 403(b) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid orientation
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Vision insurance
"I have been touched by their kindness."
Come along as we visit with Sisters and the Nursing Assistants who help care for them. Find out what June, Patti, and Sherri love about working with our Sisters.
Meet some of our Nursing Assistants!
Hear what it’s like to work as part of the team of compassionate staff members who care for our retired Sisters in the supportive living area of our Motherhouse.
The Sisters of St. Joseph of Baden is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and embrace the uniqueness that each individual has to offer. We do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other status protected under federal, state, or local law.