Daily Examen: A Prayer in Times Such as These
In “Times Such as These” – when our lives have been uprooted, human contact minimized and our work, our play, our financial security so radically altered, the temptation may arise to focus on what we have lost, what we must forego. But the language of faith reminds us that God never leaves us.
In this video, Kathy Fletcher Wray, Director of St. Joseph Spirituality Center, will guide you through the five steps of the Daily Examen, a spiritual practice created by St. Ignatius of Loyola, to ask God to illuminate the ever-so-small movements in the course of your day.
If you’d like to join our Sisters in prayer during the coronavirus pandemic, we’ve compiled a selection of prayers written by our Sisters and others. We also invite you to join us in praying the Angelus each day.
Even though our Motherhouse is closed for now, our hearts remain open to remembering and praying for each and every one of you. Please let us know how we can pray for you or your loved ones during these challenging times.
Prayers written by Sisters of St. Joseph of Baden
- Prayer for Medical Workers and First Responders | Sr. Marjorie Kelly
- We are Never Alone | Sister Christine Kresho
- Prayer for Those Suffering from Changes in Employment | Sr. Sally Witt
- Timeless Moments | Sr. Jeanne Rodgers
- The Invitation | Sr. Jeanne Rodgers
Prayers written by others
- Prayer for a Pandemic | Author Unknown
- Prayer Amid an Epidemic | Kerry Weber
- Pandemic: A Poem about our Times | Lynn Ungar
- A Prayer for Uncertain Times | Sr. Cynthia Serjak, RSM